Sunday, May 9, 2010

Journalists Thank Donors for Portland Trip


Here is one of four letters written by students to donors who helped fund an OTT trip to Portland, Ore., for a journalism convention in April.

Dear Donors,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to go to Portland for the journalism convention. That was my first time going on an airplane and it was a fun experience. I enjoyed meeting new people from different states. It gave me a chance to talk to other students about their newspapers and how their newspaper classes operate. It gave me a chance to see how different Oakland is from Portland. For example, we have to pay for BART in Oakland, but in Portland they get to ride it for free. Also, Portland has no sales tax! I also learned that Portland takes recycling seriously. It was a good experience to go out of California and explore something new. Overall, this was an experience I’ll never forget and I would love to do it all over again. Thanks so much once again.

Sincerely,
Fuey